Please look at my creations and I welcome any comments or questions.

I hope you find some inspiration here!

Friday 15 April 2016

Polkadoodles Challenge: Floral Frenzy

I am absolutely in love with the two Winnie Sugar Sprinkles collections they are just gorgeous and I couldn't wait to get the new one Fruit Punch. I printed off a whole load of papers, images, sentiments etc but then kept returning to all the beautiful coloured flowers and decided to do something a little different for my project for the Polkadoodles 'Floral Frenzy' Inspiration post. I recently bought some little tea cups and saucers from my local charity shop and thought that this was a perfect time to use them.


I used a polystyrene ball and cut it in half. I then stuck the cup to the saucer and the ball inside with Pinflair glue. I got out my trusty Scan 'n' Cut and used it to cut out three shades of each flower in two sizes. I used my Tonic shaping tool, mat and pricking tool to shape and pierce a hole. I then used food craft wire to attach each set of three flowers with a little Cosmic Shimmer glue before popping each flowers into the polystyrene starting with a large one in the centre. I then did a row along the rim of the cup and then filled in the gaps.


I added some Card Candy from Craftwork cards to the centres and some glitter glue. I then used my Brother Scan 'n' Cut to cut some leaves from the Winnie Sugar Sprinkles Springtime to fill in a few more gaps and add some more dimension.

I am really pleased with how it turned out and I can't wait to try another couple. For all the materials see the Thumblinky tool below.

This project is also for the following challenges:

* Anything Goes - Crafty CalendarCrafts Galore EncoreSisters Of CraftScrapper's Delight,
* Spring - Country ViewCard ManiaCrafting MusketeersOpen MindedDeep Ocean Challenge,
* Favourite non card project (because I like the way it turned out)  - As You Like It,
* Upcycle / Recycle -  Catch The Bug,
* Mother's Day Flowers - My Sheri Crafts,
* Pastels - Paradise Of Stamps

Please come over and check out the rest of the Design Teams wonderful creations.

xx Mia xx

22 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

What a lovely centerpiece! It would be a great addition to anyone's home! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Karon said...

Wonderful! Love the flowers. Have a great weekend.

Tracey said...

These are so pretty :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

so very pretty xx

Unknown said...

love your creation, so pretty xx

Lynda said...

So pretty, love the colours. Thankyou for joining us over at Open-minded Crafting Fun for our'easter/pastel colours' challenge. Hope you join us again Lynda xx

Jen Leeflang said...

This is darling and so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely make with us at the Bugaboo Challenge blog! Good luck in the draw - we hope to see you join us again soon.
Love
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO DT

Unknown said...

What a fabulous project love it. Lovely colours and design. Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights. Helen DT

Craftyfield said...

Fabulous table decoration for a tea party! Thanks for joining us at the Country View Challenges with this special make.

starcyl said...

What a great idea, one to take inspiration from.
Jenny x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Love your flowers in cups, nice idea and they look beautiful.
Fabulous for Mothers Day Gift.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Annette DT

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! I love flowers and soft colours!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge April "ATG".
Ileanaxx

Min said...

This is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Recycling Challenge! We hope you'll join us again this week for our newest challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min - Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug DT Asst. Coordinator

Kat W said...

This is a lovely idea and the combination of pastel colours is very pretty :-)
Thanks for joining in our challenge at As You Like It!
Kat x

Annette said...

Oh wow, these are soooo pretty!
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
My Mum's Craft Shop,
In The Pink Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Bev said...

Awww Mia this is just so pretty x

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

How gorgeous are those flowers x

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

How gorgeous are those flowers x

Beverley said...

Gorgeous creation. The flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x

Unknown said...

Beautiful and unique project, I love the idea of incorporating something different in projects.. and being British myself....what better than a tea cup! Thank you for joining us over at the Scrapper's Delights "anything goes" Challenge

Monika Gulyas said...

Thank you for joining our April Challenge at Country View Challenges and sharing with us your gorgeous decoration!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, really great project. I love how you've done something so different. This is beautiful piece of decoration! Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck! Hope to see you soon again.

Hanne, DT

Handmade By Hanne